Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Runaways



I wanted to watch this movie because the trailer looks promising and because there's Dakota Fanning (all grown up) and Kristen Stewart (Twilight). I have to say, this is good! and I was further motivated to find out more about the original rock group and do you know that Joan Jett is the songwriter for the famous "I Love Rock & Roll"? Kwool!

Kristen has so much acting potential. I have no idea why she signs up for Twilight and why did the producer from Twilight choses her. She does not portray the image of Bella very convincingly and received so many unfair comments about her acting. But when I watched The Runaways, I can imagine that's how Joan Jett was. Prior to this, her 2 other convincing role was Panic Room (2002) and Speak (2004).

Feast your eyes out. Here's the video of the remake of "Cherry Bomb" and the 1977 version of the original from Japan. (Hurrah for youtube!)












No comments:

Post a Comment