Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Julie & Julia


I'm watching the movie and typing this and laughing at the witty
dialouges and cooking scene especially when Julie (Amy Adams) struggles to cook the lobster.


This is a great movie and I think I will add it on to my lists of favourite shows that I probably would not get bored watching. And Meryl Streep completely transformed herself into Julia Child, I'm momentarily surprised that she is the same actress in "The Devil wears Prada".


There's a dialouge in Julia scene where her husband wrote to his
brother.

"Dear Charlie.

Julia in front of her stove has the same fascination for me as
watching a kettle drummer at the symphony. The oven door open and
shuts so fast, you hardly notice the deft thrust of a spoon as she dips into a casserole, and up to her mouth for a taste check like a perfectly-timed double beat
on the drums. Then with her bare fingers, she snatches a set of cannelloni out of the pot of boiling water, and she cries "These damn things are as hot as a stiff cock.". "

Haha. I love the way he describe the cooking in comparison to a
drummer symphony and the added remark by Julia is funny end.


I keep smiling as I watched this, hw 2 person from 2 different era finds themselves through cooking and the joy of feeding others and the food. Gosh, I have the urge to taste some of the food in the recipes.


And I understand how Julie felt when she started on this project and
asked for a deadline because she says she never completes anything and
I can relate to it because I have also started many projects in my
life that I have put aside because I grew bored with it or because I
have lost my motivation. So i'm glad that I have carried on blogging
these past few years even though there are some dry spells.

I think it's a great and fun idea to start a blogging project for 365
days, but let's just keep it as an idea because I can't think of any
project I want to start now.

Do watch this movie or do you like it if you have already watched it?

Sent from my iPhone

updated with pixs @ 10:18pm

New Email names for you!
Get the Email name you've always wanted on the new @ymail and @rocketmail.
Hurry before someone else does!
http://mail.promotions.yahoo.com/newdomains/sg/

No comments:

Post a Comment